LawyerGuard is designed for well-run law firms. Coverages are individually tailored to fit the needs of each law firm. Primary coverage is provided on an admitted basis and available in all states (except ME, NH & VT), subject to state filing requirements.
The Preferred Program for Defense Attorneys:
- Designed for law firms of all sizes engaged in at least 51% defense work.
- Established in 1988 and endorsed by DRI - The Voice of the Defense Bar.
- Open to DRI members and non-members.
General Practice Lawyers Professional (click here to download an overview):
- Full time private practice law firms with 11-24 attorneys
- Plaintiff Work - Up to 100% (NEW! previously capped at 40%, no class action)
- Securities - Up to 25%
- Banking/Financial Institutions - Up to 25%
- Real Estate Work - Up to 20%
- Collections - Up to 10%
- Entertainment - No High Profile
- Patent - No % Allowed (patent litigation is considered)
Excess Lawyers Professional (click here to download an overview):
- Available in all states except CA, CT, HI, NY*, OR**, VA, and WA; subject to state filing requirements.
*Admitted excess available via NY Free Trade Zone for qualifying firms.
**Special surplus lines policy designed to go over OR State Bar Professional Liability Fund.