- Mutual choice of counsel
- Coverage for punitive damages on a “most favorable law” basis
- Provides a 50% reduction in the deductible if the claim is settled through mediation (subject to a $25,000 maximum)
- Offers an individual tail option whereby any lawyer is able to purchase an individual tail for a flat $1,500 when ceasing the practice of law
- Crisis event coverage
- Pre-claim assistance
- No deductible for claims from pro bono work
- A “soft” hammer clause
- High loss of earnings and disciplinary defense coverage limits
- Free retirement tail with no minimum retirement age
- Free death/disability tails
- 1, 2, 3, 5 year and unlimited tail options included in policy
- Express coverage for malicious prosecution under the definition of personal injury
- Up to $10 million in capacity
- Claim Expenses Outside Limits available to qualifying firms
- Loss Only and Aggregate Deductibles available to qualifying firms
Defense Lawyers Professional
If the law firm qualifies for the DRI program (with 51% or more of its area of practice in defense work), it will also receive the following:
- An endorsement to the policy that eliminates five exclusions
- 10% reduction in the deductible
- Subpoena assistance coverage
- An additional premium credit of 10-15%.
*This page is intended as a brief overview of the coverages offered. Please ask your LawyerGuard representative for copies of the policy forms for a full description of coverage.
Coverage is written on an admitted basis** by Catlin Insurance Company, Inc., a leading provider of specialty insurance, rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Co., Financial Size XV, A+ by S&P, A+ by Fitch and A2 by Moody’s.
**Coverage is provided on a non-admitted basis in Oregon.